April 26th: Butterflies and Faceless Women
Here’s what happened today. :)
I am Lyka.
A fresh graduate of the Communication Arts program of the University of Santo Tomas in the Philippines.
Currently a bum.
Here’s what happened today. :)
I am writing this because I am under the influence of coffee and I have just finished watching a chick flick.
I have always alwaaaays loved chick flicks and romantic comedies, as much as I want to deny it. Boy meets girl or girl falls in love with a boy, something happened or happens, seems all hope is gone, then boom – a happy ending. I think I love it because I wish, in the inner depths of my soul, of my heart, that I will have my happy ending, I think every girl wishes this. Romantic movies as our church pastor puts it, is like porn for women. We love watching it because it gives us the image of our “ideal guy” or “ideal love story”, just as porn show men women who do really good in bed like really weird positions, or moan the way they do or possess an unexplainable size of boobies. Romantic movies give us a hope that one day, we’ll meet THAT guy, with all his perfect imperfections, but just like porn movies, it rarely comes true in real life.
Now that the effect of caffeine in my head is wearing off, I cannot continue to write anything that would actually make sense of what I previously wrote.
In real life, we get to experience the unbearable pain of life, which the movies show to be bearable. In real life, we don’t get surprises, we don’t get that twist, that turn of events that will lead us to our desired happy ending, that denouement, we don’t just turn into a beautiful swan, the beast will never turn into a handsome prince or the frog will always be a frog. That’s real life, and it sucks.
But there’s something real life offers us that our romantic movies can’t. Real life is real, yes painful, mundane, imperfect, but at least it’s real. I watched Vanilla sky like a couple of times, and it made me question, will I rather live an eternally blissful life but it’s not really living, more like dreaming, than live a life that’s full of uncertainties, of trials and troubles. Sometimes, I feel like choosing the dream one, just to save me from pain you know? However, when I think about it, it’s stupid. I cannot explain why I think it’s stupid, it just is.
Real life maybe sooooo sucky at times, but in real life, I get to have a real God, a real relationship. And besides, however sucky my real life could be at times, it may not have the ideal love story I have always dreamed of having, it always has the Lord’s word to me, “I know the plans that I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you”. If that’s what real life offers, then, baby, bring it on!
Real life croissant is calling me now. :)
Trying to practice my photography skills while trying so hard to be good at drawing and watercoloring…
Today, this happened.
That’s Cali, my unfortunate subject for practice. My mom was one too.
After a while I remembered I had been planning to bring out the Picasso in me! :)
First of all, I do not really draw. I do not have any talent for it. But I’m doing my best to somehow get the ability to draw. hahaha I know my shading is really bad. But hey, I’m a beginner! Don’t judge!
Karmel, I kept my promise. ;)
5 Things I am thankful for today! :)
1. USB! :) hihihi.
2. A good internet connection! :D I got to talk with Dee before I leave for school.
3. I was able to finish the video I was editing before my laptop decided to malfunction!
4. MY LUNCH! :D
5. A cake given to me by my blockmate! <3 It was good!!!! :D
1. I am thankful knowing that I have a BIIIG God Who loves me and into my business every second of my life. l
2. I am thanking Him for His presence everyday and every moment of my life.
3. I am thankful of His promises and I am so glad that He is God. I am sure and confident that His promises are so true.
4. I am thankful that He’s loving and protecting my family, and friends as well.
5. I am thankful that He always make a way to bless us through the actions of other people (just like this gratitude project) We are actually the ones getting blessed whenever we speak of God’s goodness :)
-Sent by my Mom
Thanks! :) Let’s do it! :)
Christmas is the season of giving and of receiving, we pour out love and blessings to other people just as we receive love and blessings from other people. We can only give what we have, so if there is little love that we receive, there is little love that we can give.
In line to this, I am starting this Christmas countdown. I am going to post five things I am thankful for everyday. The Lord blesses us with so much, but sometimes we just are very preoccupied with what He doesn’t bless us with that we miss out what He gives us.
It may be something very little like a smile from some lady or guy that just made your bad day better, or something really big like you just got saved from being eaten by leeches, as long as I’m thankful for it.
So for today,
1. I am thankful for the shortened classes, I know I sound lazy, but thank you Lord for that. :)
2. I am thankful for Jenah. I have found new friends today! :)
3. I am thankful for the last 66 pesos I have in my wallet, I was able to eat lunch.
4. I am thankful for facebook, I get to see my boyfriend and my friends here. :D
5. Lastly, I am thankful for waking up today and being alive. :) cheers!